What we do at Zemu
Zemu is all about commercialising great ideas which create value for people in everyday life. All our discovery and insight comes from observing and talking to people. What we hear loud and clear is that people experience value either through:
- the satisfaction and power of being able to solve problems for a better way of life
- getting access to what they want such as technology, design or experience
- offers that look after every day needs.
We invest in the corporate structure to seed and develop commercial concepts. We also bring decades of business experience, with all the war stories and successes that happen along the way. This capability extends to idea and strategy review, prototyping, marketing testing, mentoring, funding and implementation.
Unlike many tech start-ups we recognise that along with a great idea it is the combination of business, technology, financial management and strong networks which are most likely to create success.
Our startup philosophy
When we started Zemu, it wasn’t just about building companies, we also want to back ideas which change the way people are recognised and valued for the decisions they make in their lives. Inspired by the work of Brains On Fire we know that it is the communities we participate in that ultimately make the most difference. The Brains on Fire team talk about igniting movements; we love that, and want to take their philosophy into creating businesses which significantly change the way customers experience value.
We take a lean approach - there is a velocity to starting a business which can be all consuming. Our team philosophy is summed up in the following:
- flat structure – all hands on deck
- simple customer centric design – build things people want or don’t know yet they can’t live without
- rapid prototyping; try-fail-learn–try again
- measure, measure, measure
- celebrate the little wins along the way, and don’t forget where we are headed.
If this appeals and you see yourself contributing or have a complimentary idea which you think could be commercialised let us know.